In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Words


Words, I believe, should be put down for a purpose. A purpose a reader should unveil, whether in the plain or concealed. Respect I have for words and I try, always, not to waste them. They are to me what water is to a desert inhabitant. I value words. Written. Spoken. Sung. Whispered.

Like Edmund Morrison once said, the fitting of words requires great patience, strength of purpose and particular skill, just like the fitting of stones. 

I love the beauty of words on the paper, the sound they make when read. I, therefore, will never compromise words for anything. I will never misspell a word intentionally or use the bad habit of SMS style when writing anything. 

I like looking at my words after writing – examining them and ensuring that they represent what I want to portray. I will never let words go astray without my control. Words, like ants on a piece of paper, can go their own crazy way. They need command and direction. 

Command and direction is what I will give to my words.

3 comments:

  1. Through the power of the Word, God spoke creation into being.The same Word that brought life to the universe brought death, destruction, division and confusion.Word is the core of being.The word lives and forever. It is eternal. Heaven and earth shall pass away but His Word will remain. God is the word. Life is in the Word and so is death. The Word rules, He has authority over everything, He is above all.In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning.Through Him all things were made and without Him nothing was made that was made- John 1:1-3. Thou shalt decree a thing and it shall be established unto thee, for death and life lie in the power of the tongue. ( job 22:28). Give your child a bad name and he shall live to become- " Ina lebe seromo".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Truly stunning. Well spoken Rachel. Concise and precise.Keep up the word. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words. Words can tear us apart. Words can bring us together. A word is powerful. A word can be powerless at times. That is why i never want to talk much. Words are sensitive. I will always keep my word.

    ReplyDelete