In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Atomic Love Attack (Poem)


Here I am, again, reminiscing about the past
The past I so want to place behind me
Bury, sixteen feet
But thoughts of you infest my mind
Like a virus
A virus that eats at my flesh and sucks my soul
I’m reduced to a lump of hopelessness
And a bowl of ridicule I’ve become
Wasted
Wasted were the times I spent with you
The pleasures I’ve tasted in you have turned sour and bitter
Like a serpent you had sneaked into my life
Briefly
Yet beautifully
And blinded me with your infatuation
Now like a mist you’ve drifted away
You reaped out my heart and stashed it in your right ribcage
Two hearts, you now have
And here I am, again, reminiscing about the past
Swaying and reeling with a hollow chest
Feeling like a Hiroshima
Suffocating with the repercussions of an atomic love attack…

No comments:

Post a Comment