In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Rain Lovers

Happenstance it certainly cannot be that we meet again in the rain. Not only do we always meet when it rains. We meet in the rain, all the time. This rain, today’s rain, summoned our ever venerated union – a union of our arch-personalities. And so here we stand, amid a fusillade of frigid waters from high up above. A trillion drops wash over us. Drenched we are. Our bodies shudder from the cold it endures, yet inside of us, a glowing warmth emanates. The waters cannot drown us because we are no bĂȘtes noires of this rain. The gurgling streams are but pure ululation – a celebration of you and I, of us. What else could they limn? Surely this rain loves you. It loves me too. Otherwise how could it be so effusive in its praise of our meagre presence? I look into your eyes and I see not the rain but that which pulled you to this place. That’s a much cherished thing for it also brought me here. And we love it here in our sacred quasi-heaven.  Could this rain be a cryptogram of some sort? What is it betokening? When anyone asks, let’s tell them we’ve been betrothed in the rain. Now, come close, my rain love and let’s dance in the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment