In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

So Deep, This Feeling, So Deep (Poem)

It’s the rich scent of your skin that I smell
For you wear that which no mortal can create
It’s no wonder that for you I fell
If indeed it is, then this isn’t just a call of fate
So deep, this feeling, so deep
So deep is the well from which we drink
Sated we are, even as we cuddle in our sleep
Look at what we’ve become, who’d ever think?
Who’d ever think one soul could steer two bodies?
Child, let these hands of mine touch your cheeks
Connected, you and I, offspring of another species
Your aura, child, it sustains me; it moves me; to me, it speaks
Sail me to eternal bliss, as you cuddle me to your bosom
Thy love thee has taken and look how we blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment