In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Hope Died Last Night (Extract)



Last night when we spoke on the phone, after you scalded me with the truth, I uttered my goodbyes several times but you never spoke the word. We talked for a very long time, not caring about the phone bill that would accumulate. Lately I don’t care much about jack. You said many things but not the goodbye word. You see, this is what messes up my brain right now. You gave me an impression that you love me, even though you were leaving me. It’s confusing, given the condition of our severance. And why did you have to tell me you are expecting this man’s child? Really it wasn’t necessary. All it did was to rub salt into my bleeding wound. Oh, it hurts. As I write this, I will not pussyfoot around, as I possibly did in many of our conversations. Your words nearly asphyxiated me last night. I know I lost you. But losing you is tantamount to losing me. You know this, yet you decided to fling me down this dark tunnel...

No comments:

Post a Comment