In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Poetic Meditations (Poetry Album/CD)

Poetic Meditations
coming soon!

The 14 tracks poetry album that I have been working on since December 2008 is about to be released. The studio work was completed in January 2011. Yes, it took an entire two years working on this project! Quality and absolute satisfaction is guaranteed. The album was recorded live, mixed and mastered at Live Wire Studios in Ramotswa, Botswana. 

Those who previewed the album don’t believe it when I tell them that the work is a Botswana product. From the first track to the last, Poetic Meditations will keep you on your toes. Themes of poems vary from social issues to political subjects to relationships and matters of the heart. It’s a package that I’m sure will make a historical mark not only in the poetry area but in the global music industry. All poems are backed with soothing music that enhances the mood of the poem and helps the listener digest and ingest the poem. Music spans across genres, but it is mostly a blend jazz and soul. You will also enjoy the backing vocals by Rose, an upcoming Jazz songstress. She is currently a backup vocalist for Shanty Lo and she is super hot!  I should also acknowledge the prominent players of instruments in this album. Without the help of Stream Jazz Band, this album would be nowhere near what it is now. Even through their busy schedule as they toured the country with the South African legend Johnny Mokhali and numerous other very important and highly successful musicians, they made time for me and helped me create Poetic Meditations.God bless you, guys. I cannot, of course, forget to pass my gratitude to Chantty Killarh of Wired Productions and Live Wire Studios. This gentleman produced this album with patience, endurance and lot of dedication. Keep the fire burning, brother.

Poetry albums are rare in our country. I only know of two poets who have recently released their albums, Andreattah Chuma and Berry Heart.  Very beautiful albums which should be every poetry lover’s collection. I only have Drea's and I'm awaiting the launch of Berry Heart's album in a couple of months. These poets also did a wonderful performance at the Maun International Poetry Festival 2011.

So, as my album is about to hit the shelves in July/August 2011, I say to all those who love Dredd X poems that this package will have all your favourites. Here is the tracklist;

1.       I Want To Write (Intro)
2.       The First Time I Saw You
3.       Raindrops
4.       Rewrite The History
5.       What Happens When…
6.       Where Were They?
7.       Untitled and Unfinished
8.       Womankind
9.       Sorry For The Story
10.   Do You Dig You Pig?
11.   The X In Your Name
12.   While My Pen Sorrowfully Bleeds
13.   The Value of X
14.   Womankind – Reggae Version Feat. Chantty Killarh (Bonus Track)


Please, people, let us support local talent and stop illegal duplication of our products. Lets stop bo nraetela le ntsenyetsa mo sticking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment