In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gruesome


Ouch, I'm watching them murder an animal - a sweet, innocent sheep. They are so full of joy as they take life. They say they are celebrating the New Year. Im looking at this beautiful animal as it struggles for its life, begging for mercy. They don't care. They slit its throat and rip its skin off. Blood on the ground. Blood on their hands and blood on their shoulders. They argue with me as I protest. They say God gave man dominion over all living things. I argue back. But their voices are louder - one against six. I weep for the animal that just lost dear life. I think about its family. It will be missing in the kraal tonight. They'll never know its buried in man's stomach. 2012 is starting so badly for me, and for the animals. Just witnessed a gruesome, first degree murder. Mankind, when will you ever have a heart? I mean a real heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment