In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Antidote


 A great escapism from reality. That’s what this novel, The Kite Runner, is giving me right now. It’s been sitting in my bookshelf for ages and it’s only now that I’m devouring it. A friend gave it as a present, or rather, a souvenir. And I think about her now. I love novels because they transport me into a world distant from the one I live in. The world I live in is harsh. It doesn’t compromise. It can chew you and spit you out like sweet-less gum. Now I read this book and I’m in space, piloting my own UFO. I feel omnipotent and untouchable. I feel like God, hovering over the lives of characters, knowing what they do, what they think, what they dream. It’s a lovely feeling. This novel is my antidote. It’s a drug that sedates my pain and washes away my sorrow – even if it’s only for a while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment