In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Monday, May 14, 2012

More Love

Last night I was very dried up when I got home, thirsty and hungry for her. I hauled her up and threw her over my shoulders, strapping her around my body. She shuddered in astonishment, surprised and shocked by this sudden and unexpected bolt of action. Her legs dangled in air and she whimpered a small cry. She opened her mouth to protest but I blocked it with a kiss. I touched her smooth, velvety body – running my fingers along the contours of her skin. Her body was a trifle cold. I’m not surprised. Winter has just crept in. Again, I’ve been away for long. Who else can keep her warm? I plugged her to a power outlet. She loves power, that’s my girl. She began vibrating, sending tingles of excitement through my body. I hugged her even closer.  Her weight on my hands lightened as she embraced me. My fingers, throbbing with delight, began to caress her neck, hitting all the notes, scales and chords. “Pump up the volume,” she whispered into my ear. The power amplifier screamed in my little room, filling it with pleasant sound. I love her, my guitar. I know I’ll never be a Bon Jovi. But with her, this sweet guitar of mine, I walk on clouds of ecstasy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment