In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oh My, Podium and Microphone, Again!

I’ll be there! At the international poetry festival on May 26th in Maun Lodge. I’m overwhelmed by excitement. I feel like jumping like a delighted child, animated by the mere thought of performance. I want to dance on my ceiling, dancing to the drumbeats pumping within my ribcage. This heart is playing me a rhythm I never heard before.  Even after all these years gracing stages, the mere thought of a podium and microphone still sends vibrations of exhilaration through my nervous system. Last night I dreamt myself already there, prancing on stage, my bare feet squeaking under my light weight. Lights were deemed, glowing hesitantly and I could vaguely see those thousand faces seated quietly, waiting in great anticipation. I tapped the microphone, once, twice...and on the third time, a drum beat started. Words tumbled off my mouth, spewed into the microphone and spilled through speakers, ‘the axe chop came without any warning whatsoever...’

No comments:

Post a Comment