In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stars

I stumbled home, exhausted from the very long night of a series of performances. In my mind, the poets’ presentations were still playing in my mind, so vividly as though the walls of my skull housed a cinema. As I walked home, swallowed up in the pitch darkness of the night, I kept smiling now and then, remembering the poets and their words. What a variety of talent, I marvelled to myself. I’ve never been that excited and contented after a poetry show. Or any other show. Suddenly my heavy foot kicked a rock and I nearly crashed to the ground. My hands grabbed the guitar on my back; protecting it from possible damage should I hit the dust. When it comes to my guitar, I’d rather lose my teeth. Luckily, I maintained balance. I felt tired. So I squatted on the very rock that tripped me, just to catch a breath. Chilly air prickled my skin. My eyes glanced at the sky and I couldn’t believe what I saw. A cluster of stars blinked at me. They were spread along the entire black sky, like a dome of diamonds. It was a breathtaking sight. I nestled the guitar on my lap and started plucking the strings. Stars began to dance. When I recited a poem, they stood still and listened. Stars are amazing.  Then they clapped and cheered. Gosh, I want to go to the stars...

No comments:

Post a Comment