In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Signals of You (Poem)



In my heart you dug yourself a private space
A space by the fire that burns and pumps with every one of my heartbeats
The fire that sends out sizzling signals through arteries and veins
And although our arteries and veins have been severed by man
My antenna still receives strong signals of you

The chains that bonded us together had been broken
But the love I have for you will never be forsaken
Cold water was poured on my feet the day they hauled you away
Threatening your peace and promising you regret
What we had they said was prohibited and banned as taboo
But my antenna still receives strong signals of you

If the fruit we’ve bitten on was forbidden
I still yearn to dig my teeth into it, crunch it and taste its juices
Because plainly, a forbidden fruit is the most succulent and delicious
Tasty on the skin and tasty on the inside
My antenna still receives strong signals of you

Four bars, five bars, six bars of your signal
When they lugged you away from me
Throwing mud on my face and drenching me in a pool of depression
They forgot to cut down my antenna and turn off your satellite relay
Because, my antenna still receives strong signals of you

Blissful lives we both are supposed to live
With you, with me, without you, without me
We both are supposed to live blissful lives
But the network through which you transmit never breaks
Because, you see, my antenna still receives strong signals of you

Space and time has been wedged between us
And on the contrary, we both saw the good of it
You and I, two souls justifying a forced separation
But even space and time fail to quench me down   
Because, my antenna still receives strong signals of you

Now I’m in a boxing ring without gloves, without a gum-shield
A neophyte battling against unwanted emotions
Heavyweight emotions that throw uppercuts and crossbow punches
I bleed not from my skin, nor my face, nor my teeth
I bleed from my heart
Because, my antenna still receives strong signals of you     

No comments:

Post a Comment