In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Want To Write (Poem)

I want to write and write and write.
I want to write thousands and maybe millions of words.
 I want to write until my computer runs out pages.
 I want to write until the curser can’t blink anymore.
I want to write even as my fingers ache from punching in the keyboard.
 I want to write.
 I just want to write and I don’t care about the eyes that itch from the glare of the monitor.
I want to write words that will be read by eyes that
understand the meaning of every line and in between them.
I want to write.
I just want to write.
I want to tear words from my guts
and scatter them across the black sky and make them shine like stars.
I want to plough words on the barren sands of the Kalahari and make them grow like vegetables.
I want to write. I want to write about love and happiness. I want to write about anger and hate.
God and Lucifer. Black and white. Young and old.
 I want to write words that praise, that curse,
words that scream, that whisper.
I want to write and write and write.    
© Dredd X

No comments:

Post a Comment