In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Princess of Devine (Poem)

Come, Princess of Devine
Hold my hand and let’s walk on the clouds of ecstasy
You are like showers of blessings to me
Nourishing the soils of ultimate love that the creator
Designed for the two of us
Yes, a special order

You see, you and I do not care about this Valentine’s Day
For we know not who Saint Valentine the Roman is
And neither do we take part in their paganism
We stay entwined, immortal and invincible
Walk with me on this road of eternal sunshine
To where the stars twinkle above at the black sky
Where the moon bloats and smiles
Sending illuminations that paint our world in a golden carpet
You the Queen, me the King

Empress, Mother of creation
Oh, how I love it when you do that
The sway of your hips as you walk gives me the goose bumps
The radiation of your smile weakens my knees
Even when our brown skins melt into one another
Our heartbeat is inseparable, its one
Beating in the heavenly skies like Nyabinghi drums

You, my beauty
We walk in the steps our people, the Bantu
The Bemba, the Igbo, the Nguni,
We are not lost in the unrealistic, robotic modernity
We swim in the rivers of wealth
The air belongs to us
When it rains, sweetness, it rains for us
Pain is not meant for us, tears are not meant for us
You, Princess of Devine
Together we are the future
Together, we are humanity…


 © Dredd X

No comments:

Post a Comment