In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What Happens When... (Poem)

At times I feel like writing you a poem
For I always felt like I owe you one
But then I realize that the poem that comes out
Is not the kind that
I would like you to hear
I want to write you something that would soothe you
Something very…sweet
Something that would sweep you off your feet
But then words always freeze on my tongue
I scratch my head so roughly for I cannot find
Any vocabulary that would mean what I want to say

I want the words that would describe
What happens when the sun rises and hits on your eye lashes
What happens when the heavenly stars reflect on the surfaces of your pupils
What happens when the sands of time brush past your sensational face
I can not find the words that describe
What happens when the sun suddenly meets the moon
When the storms rise from the west
To meet those rising from the east
What happens when cumulonimbus clouds
Coalesce behind the marbles of your jelly eyes

I want the words that would paint an image
Of what happens when the sound of your voice
Reaches the depth of my ear, the center of my soul
Words that would describe the precious personality
That lies beneath your beautiful brown skin
What happens when I lay my hands on that softness,
 The silkiness of your skin
The fire that burns within

I cannot find a description of the feeling
I get when your skin slides against mine
When your sharp tongue pierces through my heart
What happens when your loving arms close around my trembling body
The feeling that surges through my veins as you squeeze me tight
I want to write about
What happens when you tell me those words
With the acoustic music of your voice
What happens when I look into those paralyzing eyes
And realize that you mean every single one
Of those three words

Even as a I board my boat to sail on the waters of your soul
I can feel the winds rising from somewhere in the core of your being
These are the winds that are threatening
To rock my terribly unsteady boat
I do not want my unsteady boat to rock
For I want not to sink into the depths of these raging waters
Your raging waters
But I cannot come up with a line
That can put it all down, plain and bold
Words are just not enough
But I still feel like writing you a poem
For I feel like I owe you one

© Dredd X

No comments:

Post a Comment