In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

She Belongs To Me Now (Poem)

Man to man is so unjust
yes I agree
but what is justice, you tell me
I thought of phoning you but instead I resorted to writing you a letter
For sometimes when words are read they sound better
please be warned that these words may be hazardous to your heart
A severe stroke or a fatal heart attack may follow
But who cares? Maybe God does, but I don’t.
See, you and I do not have anything in common
except that what used to be yours is now mine
not many brothers are honest enough to say it point blank
that, look, your woman has just turned into my woman
not that we share her, no, no, no
simply, you have been expelled
of course its sad that you and her never had any disputes
but boy the winds of change blew her to my direction
for I am the source of her complete satisfaction
wipe off those tears, damn it!
you are not a baby
this woman deserves a man who knows
and practices the meaning of true love
and you are not such a man
you have never been such a man
in truth, you are only half a man
she needs a man who can hold her in his arms
and not only tell her but show her that she is the vessel of his existence
the fountain of his happiness and the ever flowing river of love
step aside and I will show you how to treat a woman
some say one man’s loss is another man’s gain
your loss my brother is my gain,
listen I just called you my brother
you must be mad over that
but I wish you happiness, really
No need to clench fists
No need for a battlefield
of course you may see it as an act of war but hey
it’s an inevitable move good for you and good for her
but most importantly, good for me
remember I said I don’t care about your feelings
days of sorrow will reign in your life  
but you should have seen the signs, poor boy
instead you were blinded by her charm
unaware that she was never ever meant for you
you probably thought what you had was too good to be true
well, that’s it
it was too good to be true
this woman is mine
She belongs to me now
and you can go tell it to the mountains
blessed is the hand that giveth, remember
you just gave me the only thing my life needs the most
God will bless you
peace be unto you

© Dredd X

No comments:

Post a Comment