In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Still The King, I Suppose?


I can’t help laughing as I read this book. If you ever thought Stephen King was all about dark, grimy tales of horror and gloomy thrillers; tell you what, you are wrong. During my high school days I read tons of King’s books and yes, they were horror stories but I enjoyed them nonetheless. In fact, he became one of my favourite writers worldwide. Right now, after so many years, I’m reading a Stephen King again. This one is entitled Hearts in Atlantis and it’s a collection of his novellas and short stories. I’m still on the first story and hey, this man took me off guard with this style of writing. He’s created this fragile young character who immediately won my heart and compassion. This story, told on the backdrop of the 60’s, is both fun and sad.  It is such an inspiring read. I find myself pausing now and then to jot down something in my journal.  Take away everything from me. But please, not my books.   

No comments:

Post a Comment