In My Room/Office/Studio

In My Room/Office/Studio
"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right." - John K. Hutchen.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ruthless Truth


In 2008, I watched my pen dribble on a page, leaving behind ink trails that filled the entire white space. What came out was a poem. I titled it ‘The First Time I Saw You, Was the Last Time I Saw You.’  The title was such a blatant truth, clean as a whistle.  This poem was written with deep emotions of a man whose day had suddenly become night and dawn refused to creep up. Hope and hopelessness were crashed into one pot and stirred into a murky blend – the kind of juice that was too hard to swallow, yet not that bitter. But in this man’s heart, he knew that this poem would rise up his sun again. But since time waits for no man, years came and passed by. Now it’s the end of 2012, and that truth is still the truth. Ruthless truth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment